Monday 16 March 2015

Avocado Poppy Seed Cake Recipe



This recipe I found when I did a little fun with Pinterest me where I collect interesting idea with some of the material in which I have a special name board "Avocado Idea"

To elaborate on this cake, the cake is as moist as banana cake. You will need a little more butter as avocado has a soft texture. I made the first batch on Saturday and I do not have a poppy seed or almond flour so I replaced toasted black sesame seeds and raw cashew peanut. The result was really good. Then I created a second wave is on Sunday where I had all the ingredients that should be in accordance with the original recipe. However, I try to avoid at all costs so that the butter a good thing I kept avocado oils useful in my kitchen.

St Patrick's Day are denoted with everything green. So today March 17th is St. Patrick's Day and I brought the cake to the office that my co-worker really enjoyed it. Thou I do not celebrate one. I love the color green :)

Avocado Poppy Seed Cake
Adapted from J'veux ĂȘtre bonne

Ingredients:
2 medium avocados
2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons depending on how big and juicy lemon is)
180 grams of sugar
50 grams of avocado oil (original recipe used butter)
Flour 100 grams
4 large eggs
50 grams of poppy seeds
50 grams of almond flour (ground almonds)
pinch of salt

Avocado Icing
1 medium avocado
1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
100 to 150 grams icing sugar (original recipe using 200 grams icing sugar)

Directions:
1. Separate the egg white and yellow when they are still cold because it is easier to separate the temperature. Cover and let them sit at room temperature until they are ready for use.

2. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). In a food processor, puree the avocado and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Set the side.

3. In a food processor, combine the avocado oil (or butter) and sugar until well blended. Add pureed avocado lemon inside. Mix the egg yolks one at a time. Pour the flour and baking soda on top and stir until well. Transfer this mixture to a bowl. Add poppy seeds and almond flour; fold them gently.

4. With mixer, beat the egg whites and salt. Then transfer to a bowl mix the avocado. Fold them gently to mix well.

5. Pour the batter into the pan or round bread pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.

6. While you are waiting for the cake to be baked, you can make the icing avocado. Blend the avocado with lemon and add the icing sugar. Process until all blended.

7. Once the cake is ready you can spread the icing evenly over the avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment